Prevention is better than cure!
Although building materials and techniques have been perfected over time, it is important to perform routine maintenance on your property to keep it running smoothly.
Here are a few items to check in the fall:
– The furnace filter should be cleaned or replaced, depending on the type of filter, every three months.
– Check the exterior caulking for shrinkage to prevent water infiltration.
– Check and clean eavestroughs, joints and fasteners to avoid overflows or ice build-up that could cause water infiltration.
– Verify the proper operation of smoke detectors.
– Unscrew the garden hose and remove it to prevent water from freezing, damaging the duct and creating a water leak inside the house.
– Clean the range hood filter.
– Clean the air exchanger filter.
You got this!